Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences (WUAS) Advisory Board (AB) plays an important role in the development and reflection process, and could play an important role in ensuring the continuity of management of WUAS in any situation that that was needed.
The role of the Advisory Board is to maintain an overview of the activities of WUAS within the realms of the Strategic Plan, and to advise the Executive on its decisions, plans, proposals and operations within 4 different segments: •
- Academics & Quality
- Finance & Risk Control
- Governance & Policy
- Strategy & Branding
Membership & Organisation of the Advisory Board and Governance
The members of the Advisory Board should at least number 4 at any given moment, together (rather than individually) representing the 4 segments.
- Members will be appointed for a maximum of 6 years.
- Gender & diversity balance in the board is to reflect that of WUAS.
- Members are expected to (at least):
- attend 3 Advisory Board meetings a year.
- attend 1 Graduation Ceremony in 2 years.
- attend the annual general staff dinner if possible.
- review at least the yearly occurring lead documents:
- WUAS Year Report
- WUAS Financial Year Reports
- Yearly Quality Assurance Document (produced for NVAO / FIBAA / AACSB or other)
Members are made trustees of the Stichting Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences Advisory Board and the Advisory Board members (trustees).
The current members of the Advisory Board are:
- Mr Ruud Dost, (Current Chair) - a management consultant with large range of national and international corporate experience (Shell, Philips, Achmea).
- Mr Jack Pieterson, former representative of the regional employer’s association VNO-NCW also the director of a large international packaging company in the region (Smurfit-Kappa).
- Mr Bernd de Roo, a former fiscal lawyer (retired) who also represents the charitable foundation JDGS.
- Mr Johan Kruithof, former alderman of Apeldoorn with portfolio of Work/Income, Education and Sport.
- Ms Maike Nuyken, WUAS alumnus BBA and MBA. Co-owner & Founder 1520 vof and currently Interim HR advisor Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences
- Dr Mirjam Leloux, Director of IXA Bureau Kennistransfer of University of Amsterdam
- Programmamanager IXA next & Programmamanager Valorisation Amsterdam Science Park
New members from 1 January 2021:
- Mr Rijn Platteel, (Chair from 2021), Chair regional employer’s association VNO NCW, and company director.
Mr Paul Zevenbergen, former director NVAO accreditation organization, currently Interim Chair of the Board at the Grotius College in Delft Chair Committee Teaching Qualifications (Ministry of Education) Board of directors WACE world association for co-operative education
- Professor Petra De Weerd-Nederhof, Full Professor of Organisation Studies and Innovation at the University of Twente also Chair, exam committee Honours Programmes, University of Twente