There are a range of potential benefits to employers offering internships:
- Students can fill a skills gap, a need for knowledge, or even a job vacancy within your organisation.
- Internship students can solve your short-term staff shortages and complete specific, one-off specialist projects without long-term employment commitments.
- International students can inject fresh ideas and innovation possibilities into your company.
- Internship students will complement your existing organisation's skills with new ideas, knowledge and up-to-date theoretical concepts.
- Work-placement students can add value to your organisation.
- Access high-quality, reflective and analytical thinkers who are motivated and willing to get involved.
- Develop current staff/employees' mentoring or supervisory skills by working with our internship students.
- Try before you buy: the test run - identify and test run talented individuals who you may want to consider recruiting.
- Raise your profile - inform students and the wider community of opportunities existing within your organisation.
- Low-cost solution - reduce recruitment costs by advertising your vacancies to Wittenborg students free of charge, whilst also accessing a low-cost staffing solution.
- Create international networks - build international business networks and country-specific market intelligence through international students.
If you are considering providing work placement for our students, or would like to have more information, please contact us by calling 088-6672 688, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bredenoord, an international company from Apeldoorn that provides energy solutions, had Wittenborg student Ishebo Twijukye as an intern:
“What struck us was Ishebo’s willingness - no matter the task, he took it on. Interns of other universities can often be picky when it comes to tasks and assignments. Ishebo's theoretical level of understanding was more than sufficient and working with him was a pleasant experience. He impressed us with his connections in Uganda and Tanzania and was willing to do other tasks outside his intern assignments. We are open to more interns from Wittenborg.” - Zef Jansen, Export Department