“Universities of Applied Sciences offer Bachelor and Master degree programmes that reflect a direct link to the professional field and have a firm element of job oriented development in their curriculum” Bachelors and Masters programmes in the Netherlands are comprised of European Credits.
The Educational Concept of a University of Applied Science
Wittenborg's education method embraces:
Wittenborg University prides itself in providing education through intensive contact with lecturers, tutors and people from business and industry. Some l lectures are given face to face, others in workshop and project format, always with a professional teacher or expert from industry
- Wittenborg’s Universities yearly programming is flexible but businesslike, one academic year of Wittenborg University consists of totally 40 academic weeks, namely six 6-week blocks
- Students receive credits at the end of each six-week study, which is a proven visible advantage of Wittenborg Universities independent block system
- Wittenborg University’s education concept is based on the principle that a student should be highly employable after graduation, understanding the basic principles of operation and management within the industry field that they have studied for.
- Wittenborg’s education combines a practical look at the relevant industry with an academic grounding in the concepts of business, management, economics and sociology.
- Wittenborg students can expect to carry out practical projects, instigated by companies and organisations, and complete a period of work placement, whilst also learning the theories that should be applied.
- Wittenborg students can also expect to write academic papers and carry out applicable research, both at Bachelor and Master level.
- Wittenborg believes that the pace of study and the study load must be managed by its students and its education requires maturity, drive independence and hard-work.
- In all its programmes, Wittenborg encourages the development and understanding of an international & multicultural outlook, best practice in management, diversity, sustainability and entrepreneurship.