Wittenborg offers its Bachelor of Business administration programme with specialisation in Hospitality Management to students from its partner college at ITM in Bad Vöslau, near Vienna, Austria.
For details of Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences bachelor of business administration (BBA) programme (registered under CROHO 39239, B International Business Administration) see here
ITM is located within a conference hotel, enjoying space and facilities to grow its school, whilst its teachers and students have access to a busy ‘working hotel’ surrounding them. ITM’s facilities allow students to gain a professional experience whilst following their academic studies, however the main work placement is often completed in world renowned hotels and restaurants in and around Vienna.
Guaranteed international classroom and possibility to study in two different countries - a semester abroad has never been easier!
Concentrating on its bachelors and masters degrees in hospitality, tourism and event management, Wittenborg brings its practical approach and international character to the very heart of Europe.
Programmes in Austria & Exchange Possibilities
In Austria Wittenborg offers half of its Bachelor of Business Administration programme pathway in Hospitality Business Administration.
The programme starts every year in September (WUAS' Block 1), and 120 European credits of the curriculum are offered to students with an Associate Degree level qualification (Austrian College, BTEC HND) or at least 150 ECTS from a university degree in Hospitality management or similar.
After application, these students have to formally apply for Credit Transfer and every student is treated on an individual basis.
International and English Taught Degree Programmes in Austria
With all its programmes taught exclusively in English, and students and staff representing over 100 nationalities, Wittenborg brings its unique international character to its study in Austria programmes.
ITM was the first college in Austria to introduce English as the language of instruction. The college is accredited and approved by the Austrian Ministry of Education. Graduates receive a diploma certified by the Austrian Government. The program is taught in English, and students have the opportunity to learn two additional languages which will help them become more confident while working worldwide.
Important Note for Legal Reasons in Austria
- Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences programmes are fully Netherlands accredited degree programmes, accredited by NVAO. It is not an Austrian degree programme (!)
- This programme (Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), registered under CROHO 39239, B International Business Administration) has been registered with AQ Austria (currently until 29/3/2024). This registration allows Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences to offer the programme in Austria under Austrian regulations.
- Registration of this programme with AQ Austria does not imply an equiveillance with Austrian studies and corresponding Austrian academic degrees.
- The academic degree students can achieve (BBA) is not Austrian – it is a Dutch degree.
- All students studying on Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences programmes are registered as students in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands and are formally following their education in 'hybrid form' - online with local classroom teaching support.
Note: Academic degrees from Netherlands are recognized across the world, also in Austria. Dutch higher education ranks amongst the highest in the world.
This text is written (Pursuant to Section 27 Paragraph 7 HS-QSG) (of Austrian law)
Naturally, if the decision by AQ Austria is revoked then the programme can no longer be offered in Austria.
This text is written (Pursuant to Section 4 (3) of Section 27-MeldeVO 2019) (of Austrian law)