- Define marketing planning as well as the internal and external influences, which affect the planning process.
- Understand the different sub types of planning required and the importance of formal planning.
- Describe and analyse the different stages in the marketing planning process.
- Understand the need for evaluation and control of marketing plans and their implementation.
- Apply the knowledge on strategic marketing problems.
- Get insight into the strategic planning process and its implications to a company’s marketing actions.
- Develop practical skills in writing a marketing plan.
- Develop analytical skills as well as good and persuasive reasoning.
- Describe and analyse the separate elements, which are incorporated in marketing mix strategy
- Introduction to marketing planning.
- Analysing the current situation.
- Analysing customers and markets.
- Planning segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Planning direction, objectives and strategy.
- Planning for products and brands.
- Planning for pricing.
- Planning for channels and logistics.
- Planning for integrated marketing communication.
- Supporting the marketing mix.
- Planning to measure performance.
- Controlling marketing and implementation.
24 Lesson hours
8 Preparation Lesson hours
22 Assignments / Homework hours
20 Exam and exam preparation hours
38 Literature ( Depending on the length and difficulty of the book ) hours
The course uses 270 pages from the book where:
- 270 pages easy reading and understanding material – 38 hours
- Difficult reading and understanding material – 3 pages per hour
- Average reading and understanding material – 5 pages per hour
- Easy reading and understanding material – 7 pages per hour
Total 112 Hours
- Classroom lecturing
- Case study discussions
- Feedback and presentation sessions
- Video and film
- Discussion sessions
- Research Papers
- Essential guide to Marketing Planning – 2nd Edition, Marian Burk Wood, Financial Times/ Prentice Hall; ISBN-: 978-0273725763
- Principles of Marketing European Edition, 5/e, Philip Kotler, Gary Armstrong, John Saunders, Veronica Wong, Prentice Hall; ISBN 978-0273711568
- Marketing Strategy, 3/e, O.C.Ferrell, M.D.Hartline ; Thomson/Southwestern; ISBN-10: 0324362722; ISBN-13: 9780324362725
- Marketing Management, 12/e Philip Kotler, Kevin Keller; Prentice Hall; ISBN-10: 0131457578 ; ISBN-13: 978-0131457577
You are advised to start directly (individually or in couples) – after class - setting up your marketing plan