- Provide the basis for understanding that marketing is a central part of all profit and non-profit organizations in a free enterprise society.
- Promote the development of managerial competence in marketing so that students may more intelligently serve as members of profit and non-profit organizations.
- Trace the development of marketing strategies and analyze the current marketing environment, distinguishing between the internal and external environments.
- Relate the importance of planning and market research to the marketing process.
- Compare and contrast a consumer market with an organizational market.
- Analyze a marketing strategy for an existing company.
- Analyze the growth of the globalization and its significant role and application into the modern strategic marketing concepts
- Navigate the Web and analyze internet marketing.
Part 1: Marketing Now
Chapter 1: Marketing
Chapter 2: Sustainable Marketing: Marketing Ethics and Social Responsibility
Chapter 3: Strategic Marketing
Part 2: Markets
Chapter 4: The Marketing Environment
Chapter 5: Consumer Markets
Chapter 6: Business to Business Marketing
Chapter 7: Marketing Research
Part 3: Core Strategy
Chapter 8: Relationship Marketing
Chapter 9: Segmentation and positioning
Chapter 10: Competitive Strategy
24 Lesson hours
8 Preparation Lesson hours
20 Assignments / Homework hours
20 Exam and exam preparation hours
68 Literature ( Depending on the length and difficulty of the book ) hours
The course uses 476 pages from the book(s) and journal articles where:
- 476 pages easy reading and understanding material – 68 hours
- Difficult reading and understanding material – 3 pages per hour
- Average reading and understanding material – 5 pages per hour
- Easy reading and understanding material – 7 pages per hour
Total 140 Hours
- Classroom lecturing
- Case study discussions
- Feedback and presentation sessions
- Video and film
- Discussion sessions
- Research Papers
- Principles of Marketing European Edition, 5/e, Philip Kotler, Gary Armstrong, John Saunders, Veronica Wong, Prentice Hall; ISBN 978-0273711568
Principles of Marketing European Edition, 6th Edition, Philip Kotler; Gary Armstrong;
Lloyd Harris; Nigel F. Piercy. 978-0-273-74297-5.
- Jim Blythe, Principles & Practice of Marketing , Thomson Learning 2006 , ISBN-10: 1844801209 , ISBN-13: 978-1844801206