The GREAT (Growing Renewable Energy Applications and Technologies) project is an EU funded project under the INTERREG IVB NWE Programme. GREAT aims to encourage communities and small to medium size enterprises (SMEs) to develop technological solutions for Smart Grid, Renewable Energy and Distributive Generation; research and develop policy issues for regulatory authorities and provide structured co-operation opportunities between SMEs and research institutes / technology developers. The project encourages cross sector integration involving the following sectors:
- Public authorities supporting economic generation and incorporating the requirements of distributed energy in its new developments
- Economic development agencies linking with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and transmission bodies to sculpt opportunities for SMEs and providing business support to them
- Research bodies involving themselves with all parties for two purposes: technology transfer and analyses of regulatory and market situations to provide good practices and policy recommendations
- OEMs and large manufacturers demonstrating the benefits of distributed generation and Smart Grids to enlarge the market and improve their supply chains
- SME suppliers in the market developing their businesses through international contacts and consortia
Wittenborg's participation in this project is made possible through support from the Province of Gelderland.